My name is Mike Jones and I am the President of Major Security Consulting & Design Inc. I am pleased to announce that after over 40 years of service in the law enforcement and security design world, I decided to establish my own security consultation business. Effective September 1, 2014, my dream has now become a reality…. and Major Security Consulting & Design Inc. is here! I am reaching out to you with the hope that you consider my company when you need advice on a wide range of security issues.
My business philosophy is simple – live the values of honesty, competency, communications and responsiveness. Your needs are my only focus. I will provide you expert guidance gathered from decades of experience and education and I am highly respected by clients, peers and competitors. Our standard provides world-class advice, guidance, training and evaluations. With cost always a top consideration, it is very important for you to know that we are not burdened with the high overhead costs of a major corporation – we are a small company whose values reflects true quality and professional service at the best price possible.
I want to be your FIRST CHOICE for all of your security needs…and here’s why:
- I was the Executive Officer in Charge (Major) for the Virginia Capitol Police and managed the security effort (personnel, technology and operations) for over 27 years. I personally designed many of the post 9/11 security features that currently exist throughout the Virginia State Capitol complex. I have the respect and acquaintance of key state personnel who will play major roles in any state security project. Our last collaboration as a design team was for the renovation of the Virginia State Capitol. We humbly consider that project a success on many fronts – especially the security design.
- In my previous employment with Gordon Inc, my efforts were instrumental in the company being selected as a provider for the Security Consultation Contract for the Commonwealth of Virginia. Based on performance, the contract was renewed for three additional years. Gordon and I have an excellent working arrangement and we intend on providing services together whenever it is beneficial. My company can provide you services under state contract via our teaming partnership with Gordon. Additionally, I have adopted the state contact rates as my own rates for government agencies. Our prices reflect the quality of services provided and the reduced overhead costs of being a small business.
- Our company offers an outstanding portfolio of government and private work - attached is a list of our clients. Do not hesitate to contact these clients and ask how their experience was.
- We have an unsurpassed level of knowledge surrounding security issues. State & local governments have unique needs and we possess an unmatched level of expertise and access in terms of ability, knowledge of the facilities and professional relationships with key players – both professionally and politically. I was also honored by the General Assembly – as evidenced by the Commending Resolutions passed by the House of Delegates and Senate recognizing my years of honorable service. Rest assured that the company handling your security will be led by the same person that the Commonwealth of Virginia trusted to protect the seat of government for decades.
- We are respected by our clients for delivering our services on time, on budget and with professional results. The best testimony that we can give is that our clients call us back when they need us.
- Our company is a Virginia-based company that is a small, woman owned business. Our SWaM Certification number is 712982 and we are a certified Micro-Business. We are proud of our heritage and commitment to service – to our clients, our profession, and our community.
- Our company is based in Richmond, Virginia but our service area includes Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and North Carolina.
- In addition professional expertise, President Mike Jones chairs the Crime Prevention Training Advisory Committee for the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services. This committee provides expertise and guidance on the latest trends in crime prevention techniques. One of the specialties within this group is Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) which will play a crucial role in the design of the security of your site.
- As a company, we are known for our attention to detail, client satisfaction, quality control and meeting budgets and deadlines – on time, every time. Every piece of work that goes out our door is a reflection of the professionalism and pride that is a “Mike Jones” standard of practice. Each project report is personally reviewed and signed by President Jones.
- My business is registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia and our company carries General Liability as well as Errors and Omissions and other required insurances.
- Finally, we work well in the teaming environment. We respect your process, people and premises as we work within the parameters and guidelines that you develop. We believe in the collective power of many minds working together for a common goal.
In addition to our security services, we would also welcome the opportunity to discuss with you how we can also provide training and architectural security design. Our training classes cover a wide range of timely topics.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We are excited about our services and know that we would make an excellent choice for you.
With kindest regards,
Mike Jones, President
Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services License # DCJS 11-9276
“A Virginia Certified Micro-Business”